ProMo Cymru Ltd has a new and exciting opportunity for a Community Support Officer to join our enthusiastic team at Ebbw Vale Institute.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the creation and development of a Community Luncheon Club, Afternoon Film Club, and a Dementia Café to support people living with and affected by dementia.
Contract: 24 months fixed contract
Location: Ebbw Vale Institute
Salary: £24.410 pro-rata
Starting Salary: £24,410 pro-rata
Hours: 17.5 hours per week
We are eager to recruit an enthusiastic and well-organised Community Support Officer to further develop activities within EVI to:
– Create and develop a Community Luncheon Club
– Create and develop an Afternoon Film Club
– Create and develop a Dementia Café to support people living with and affected by dementia
– Engage with the local community to encourage participation in the new activities
– Work closely with the EVI team to support the community of Ebbw Vale and wider Blaenau Gwent through the development of services and activities
– Support the monitoring and reporting to UKSPF Community and Place through Blaenau Gwent County Borough Council
|Level 3 or above qualification
|Experience working in a similar role within the thrid sector/charity organisation
|Application form and interview
|-Microsoft Office i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint
-A good understanding of the third sector/charity organisations
-A good understanding of community development and the local area.
|Application form, Presentation and interview
|-Strong communication and interpersonal skills
-Well-organised with the ability to coordinate a range of projects
Closing Date: 7th February 2024
APPLY TODAY! Join the EVI team and help make a difference. Email your application form (below) to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
ProMo Cymru, charity and social enterprise, operates and is the custodian of the Ebbw Vale Institute. We are proud to have saved EVI for future community use.
EVI is currently funded by the UK government through the UK Shared Prosperity Fund.*
*The UK Shared Prosperity Fund is a central pillar of the UK government’s Levelling Up agenda and provides £2.6 billion of funding for local investment by March 2025. The Fund aims to improve pride in place and i